Retail Store Manager - San Diego, CA (Gaslamp) Job
Date: Sep 6, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA, US
While Oakley designs for the future, our store managers deliver to the present.
As Commander in Chief innovation through leadership will inspire your team to reach their goals and achieve greatness. You symbolize Oakley’s undeniable determination to pave the way for existing and new Oakley enthusiasts to have an experience unlike any other.
Only those armed with an unleashed imagination, a hunger for risk-taking and a passion for the craft need apply.
Join the revolution.
The Store Manager contributes to Oakley's success by leading a team of store employees to create and maintain the Oakley Experience for our internal and external customers. The Store Manager is responsible for directing and supervising the workforce, making staffing decisions, ensuring customer satisfaction, managing the store's financial performance, and sustaining brand equity.
THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism.
- Achieve high levels of sales performance and results.
- Recruit and hire top talent to meet the store and company needs.
- Provide feedback through ongoing training, coaching, counseling, assessments and setting challenging goals to improve employee performance through effective use of development plans.
- Manage all employees in execution of daily tasks and to maximize sales.
- Manage all visual standards in the store, including merchandise presentation, signage, lighting and general maintenance.
- Review operational reports and records to ensure adherence to Company policies and procedures, monitor store profitability and manage payroll matrix.
- Monitor and review inventory levels and paperwork in order to ensure accuracy of store inventory.
- Ensure that proper channels of communication exist between the store, supervisors and corporate partners.
- Oversee compliance of Sales Associates, Sales Leads and Assistant Store Managers with established Company policies and standards, such as safekeeping of Company funds and property, personnel practices, security, sales, record-keeping procedures and overall maintenance of the store.
- Help solve problems that affect the store's service, efficiency and productivity.
- Assist with all staff responsibilities as the workday may require.
- 3+ years of retail sales experience within a specialty environment.
- 1+ years of retail management experience.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule and the hours necessary to open and/or close the store, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written), including strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to develop and train staff, build relationships and utilize skills of staff most appropriately.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear concise and understandable manner.
- Ability to be on your feet most of the day or moving on the sales floor or stock room.
- Ability to maneuver merchandise and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Physical activities include engaging in repetitive motions, bending, kneeling, twisting, stretching, squatting, pushing, pulling, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking, reaching and/or using a step stool on a frequent basis.
- All retail associates may use available back room seating when the nature of the work reasonably permits.
STOKED IF YOU HAVE THIS TOO
- Knowledge of Oakley, Inc. and Oakley products.
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and sports-minded individual.
Oakley is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't fret if you don't hear from us immediately….
We are always on the lookout for talented people, like you, and its why these positions are always posted. Visit us at our local store if you have any questions, we enjoy getting to know you.
We thank you for being a part of our community, when an opportunity arises we hope to be contacting you.
Nearest Major Market: San Diego
Job Segment: Payroll, Compliance, Equity, Manager, Bilingual, Finance, Legal, Management
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field