Retail Optician - Toronto, Ontario (Eaton) Job
Date: Dec 13, 2013
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
The Optician is a support to the management team who is responsible for demonstrating outstanding customer service and leadership on the selling floor. The Optician will be expected to learn the policies and procedures necessary for opening, closing, and operating the store. Supports and assists the Management team in achieving all customer service and sales goals as defined by the Store Manager.
THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fits and adapts lenses and frames, to include but not limited to the following:
- Utilizing optical prescription, evaluates prescription in conjunction with customer's visual requirements.
- Recommends specific lenses, lens coatings and frames to suit customer needs.
- Assists customers in the selection of frames and coordinates frames with optical measurements and prescription.
- Conducts measurements of bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupilary distance and optical centers using appropriate tools.
- Providing optical service to customers as required by State law.
- Deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism.
- Achieve high levels of sales performance and results.
- Build team commitment to high standards of service, exceeding customer expectations and leading by example.
- Partner with store management team to support the retail sales team, encouraging a winning-attitude and enabling the team to meet or exceed sales goals and achieve consistently high levels of customer service.
- Assist the store team in maintaining the store's visual objectives and housekeeping standards by straightening merchandise and assisting in floor and fixture changes.
- Any other tasks as assigned by any member of management.
- 1+ years of retail sales experience within a specialty environment.
- Knowledge of current optical theory and practices.
- State licensure (where applicable).
- Availability to work a flexible schedule and the hours necessary to open and/or close the store, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written), including strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear concise and understandable manner.
- Ability to be on your feet most of the day or moving on the sales floor or stock room. Physical activities include bending, kneeling, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking and/or reaching on a frequent basis.
STOKED IF YOU HAVE THIS TOO
- Knowledge of Oakley, Inc. and Oakley products.
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and sports-minded individual.
Oakley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Don't fret if you don't hear from us immediately….
We are always on the lookout for talented people, like you, and its why these positions are always posted. Visit us at our local store if you have any questions, we enjoy getting to know you.
We thank you for being a part of our community, when an opportunity arises we hope to be contacting you.
Job Segment: Bilingual